Overall job objective:
At Infinity Machine & Engineering, we offer total project management. We specialize in high performance packaging solutions including: custom case packers, bundlers, wrappers, diverters, and conveyors. As a leader in the industry, Infinity applies the latest mechanical and electrical technologies to ensure the best in long term operation efficiency. In addition, we offer engineering services and 24 hour technical support. Infinity searches continuously for people that have a strong work ethic, want to make a difference, like to take risks, and push themselves to find creative solutions to difficult problems.
To use engineering / mechanical design expertise to engineer existing machine modifications and new R&D projects, as assigned by the priority list.To be integral part of the project team with respect to mechanical design for R&D projects, and provide input to product managers to improve existing designs.Ensure that designs fit within Infinity's mechanical standards and are optimal with respect to operation, maintenance, cost, and overall efficiency.To be overall mechanical engineering resource to department and proactively review and provide valuable input on existing and future designs with respect to reliability, cost effectiveness, and engineering standards.
- Responsible for project specific mechanical engineering / design for existing machine improvements and major R&D machines
- Perform engineering priority tasks assigned by Engineering leader on-time and within budget
- To be available for assembly questions from shop and address any issues / changes required to make production more efficient
- To manage all engineering from initial concept to release to production, including design, details, BOM creation, and overall assembly organization to fit within existing system.
- To be available for start-up questions in shop and field and expediently address and develop solutions
- Responsible for cost reductions on existing designs
- Ensure designs conform to company engineering standards
- Production of assembly drawings for shop to ensure accurate and efficient assembly
- To work with vendors to be informed and potentially use the latest components available, and to work with machine shops to ensure that machined parts are designed to be the most cost effective possible.
- Overall responsibility for assigned designs:including accuracy, waste, assembly ease, cost, reliability, and that it conforms to capabilities required by customer.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Mechanical Engineering or Associates Mechanical Design
- 3+ years of design and project management experience preferred in Conveyor design.
- Machine design experience, including creating drawings, bills of materials and project management.
- Experience using electrical motors, controls, pneumatics, and hydraulics a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with CAD systems, such as Inventor
- Computer Literate with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, excel and Microsoft Great Plains
- Excellent problem solving skills with a hands on attitude
If interested, please email resume with wage requirements(needed for consideration) to email@example.com and reference MEC0519